Private/Home School Families: Application procedure for full-time solutions. Pupils must certanly be signed up for FCPS ahead of trying to get part-time solutions.
Because of the ongoing pandemic that is COVID-19 screening files for personal and homeschool families needs to be submitted through the mail to your Advanced Academic tools workplace at Willow Oaks Administrative Center (8270 Willow Oaks business Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031).
To learn more about the assessment procedure, please browse the information below.
Private and Residence class Students: moms and dads of pupils in Grades 2-7 may submit an application for full-time AAP solutions when it comes to school year that is next. Assessment files for degree IV Services are accepted JUST during the windows that are noted. Applications from current Fairfax County residents aren’t accepted throughout the summer time.
All choices regarding full-time positioning in Advanced Academic products are created with a selection committee that is central. Moms and dads or guardians of the pupil whom resides in Fairfax County it is perhaps perhaps maybe perhaps not going to FCPS have actually two possibilities through the college 12 months to own the youngster screened for eligibility for full-time degree IV. The testing schedule and papers required for the testing file are given just below.
IMPROVE: The Fall AAP amount IV committee that is screening postponed. Categories of pupils have been screened in this period will get notification that is email. The appeals due date happens to be extended.
- Moms and dads of pupils perhaps not going to FCPS submit assessment files
- All testing files must certanly be postmarked
- The cost of $100 must certanly be within the assessment file (check or cash purchase)
- Parents of pupils perhaps perhaps perhaps maybe not FCPS that is attending submit files
- All assessment files must certanly be postmarked
- The cost of $100 should be contained in the assessment file (check or cash purchase)
Numerous papers are reviewed to ascertain eligibility for positioning in full-time AAP amount IV solutions. The moms and dad or guardian must make a declare assessment by FCPS. a list of assessment file papers is below. A conclusion of file document and preparation compilation follows the list.
Papers (if you wish):
- $100 check or money purchase payable to Fairfax County Public Schools
- Evidence of Residency (driverвЂ™s permit, rent, phone bill, etc.) – Included for residency verification – should be damaged after verification of residency.
- Advanced Academic Tools Overview Sheet
- Advanced Academic tools degree IV Referral Form(should be completed and finalized)
- Gifted Behaviors Rating Scale with Commentary – finished by teachers(s) from college and offered into the moms and dads. This may be completed by a tutor, coach, or the parent/guardian for home school students. Could be submitted in a sealed envelope if required to adhere to specific personal college policies.
- Ability Test Scores* from one or more of the authorized tests – given by school, GMU, or psychologist that is state-licensedcontent of permit must come with outcomes)
- Intellectual Abilities Test (CogAT)
- Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test (NNAT)
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for kids (WISC V)
- Contact the AAP workplace regarding other cap cap ability tests
- Report Cards for at the least 1ВЅ years
- Achievement Test Scores
- Parent/Guardian Questionnaire
- Student Work examples** – limitation 6 single-sided, 8 1/2″ X 11″ pages
*All assessment files must incorporate a assessment report with ratings for at the very least one FCPS authorized cap cap ability test. Cap cap cap Ability tests usually do not expire – test ratings from past years are appropriate. Test outcomes must be reported in ability index format in addition to percentile.
Testing is accepted from:
- GMU through the Cognitive Assessment Program. GMU provides team evaluating at totally free for kiddies whom be eligible for free or paid down lunch.
- a personal, state-licensed psychologist. A duplicate of these permit must come with outcomes. Test outcomes must be reported in ability index format along with percentile.
**Original tales, artwork, as well as other pupil work might be submitted in black colored and white or color, paid off or increased through the initial, but should be single-sided on standard 8ВЅвЂњ x 11вЂќ writing, copying, or photographic paper. Large/oversize pages, tiny pages, cardboard, label board, or construction paper may possibly not be submitted. Larger/smaller pages, jobs, and photographs might be photocopied onto standard paper. Videos, DVDs, three-dimensional art, spiral paper, notebooks, pocket files, and two-sided pages is almost certainly not submitted. Work will never be came back.
Planning an AAP Screening File
Moms and dads or guardians have the effect of getting all papers before the deadline. Scheduling, screening, and getting specific and team test outcomes and college documents might take many weeks. Partial files might not be submitted and schedule extensions aren’t obtainable in purchase to acquire needed papers. Materials should be submitted by mail to your Advanced Academic tools workplace (8270 Willow Oaks business Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031). When testing files are submitted, extra materials can not be added.
- Make an assessment file by labeling the tab of an 8ВЅвЂќ x 11вЂќ standard manila file folder as follows.
StudentвЂ™s PAST NAME VERY FIRST MI Active Level Attending Class Local FCPS Base Class